The Friends of the Settle-Carlisle Line (FoSCL) relies on the financial support of its members and individual donors to fund a wide range of projects that support England's most scenic railway. Our recent projects include the building of a new heritage style waiting shelter at Settle station, which was highly commended at the 2017 Railway Heritage Awards. We have some highly skilled volunteer carpenters who, using our workshop in Settle, make replacement heritage doors and windows for the stations along the line. All these activities and the many more that we undertake cost money, and membership income is our lifeblood.
The following membership categories are available as 'memberships':
- Individual Membership: As a member you will receive our eagerly awaited quarterly magazine.
- Junior membership: As above, but juniors must be under 16 years old to qualify for the lower membership fee.
- Family Membership: This allows two adults living at the same address to become members of the Friends for a much reduced fee. The 'family' will receive ONE copy of the magazine and be entitled to ONE vote at the AGM.
- Corporate Membership: Your organisation will be entitled to six copies of the magazine (and you'll be supporting our projects).
- Life Membership: Join the Friends for life and make a significant contribution to the projects that we fund. Individual and Family Life Memberships are available.
NB: If you would like to purchase a membership for someone other than yourself, please use the separate products listed on the 'Gift Memberships' catalogue page. It is important to select the right version as, for gift memberships, you will need to tell us who each membership is for (and where to send it).
Friends' Dales Railcards: FoSCL members can purchase a Friends' Dales Railcard, which gives the same privileges as the Dales Railcard for those who live outside the eligible postcode areas.