A truly amazing exhibition in Carlisle, you can travel there on the Leeds-Settle-Carlisle Line, see https://settle-carlisle.co.uk/tickets-times-travel/ for all travel information. Our 7-year old granddaughter was enthralled, we spent an hour and a half in the one gallery alone.
This summer the Fantastic Fairground Factory exhibition, courtesy of Cabaret Mechanical Theatre, brings all the fun of the fair to Tullie House with automata and interactive games to inspire and amaze. Families can explore the well-loved characters and sideshows found at the fairground with a collection of beautiful and amusing automata and awe-inspiring optical illusions. Then get hands on and discover the science of the sideshow with a shadow puppet theatre, helter-skelter marble run and traditional fairground games in a fun-filled exhibition for all ages to enjoy.
The exhibition will feature 30 stunning, intricate and interactive automata inspired by the fairground, created by renowned and international artists. Large scale interactives will provide visitors with a better understanding of the secrets and science behind the art of automata.
The exhibition includes some fairground favourites;
- Discover the wonders of gravity with an interactive helter-skelter marble run.
- Baffle the senses with optical illusions and the hall of mirrors.
- Discover characters and tell stories with a mechanical shadow puppet theatre.
- Get a glimpse into the future and have a go on the Wheel of Fortune.
- Impress with games of skill to test reflexes and nerves of steel.