Upper Wensleydale Railway news briefing

The Upper Wensleydale Railway Association (UWR) is pleased to announce that its scheme for reinstating the railway to Hawes, North Yorkshire, has been included in the second round of applications to the Department for Transport’s Ideas Fund for Restoring Your Railway[1]. The fund is designed to help selected applicants to “fund transport and economic studies and create a business case” via awards of 75% of agreed development costs up to £50,000, with the remaining 25% met by the applicant. The DfT has indicated that the winners of awards from this round of 50 applications will be announced in late summer.

For full details see https://upperwensleydalerailway.org.uk/